Saturday, May 18, 2013

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint- Chateau Grey

A little over a year ago my friend Lynn expressed a desire to have her bedroom painted, but was going to have to wait over a month to have the job completed. I talked to Verne, and we volunteered to paint it for her. She was hesitant at first, until we agreed that she could make us lunch in exchange. 

In the process of painting, we learned that Lynn was going to kick this dresser to the curb. While it was a sturdy, old piece, she had spilled some fragrance oil on the top of it, and the paint was bubbling. I said I'd take it for my sewing room. 


While it's generally unnecessary to sand when using Annie Sloan chalk Paint, I was afraid that the fragrance oil would bubble the new paint as well and sanded the top down entirely. And then I let the dresser sit. For a year. I knew I wanted to repaint it, but couldn't decide on a color.

Finally, after much hemming and hawing I decided on Chateau Grey. It's slightly green, but extremely neutral. I used two coats of paint, with several more coats on the sanded top and two coats of wax. I did  a little sanding here and there where the wood was distressed anyway, but not too much.



Let me tell you, this dresser can hold quite a bit of fabric!


6 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Gorgeous!

I just bought some Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint - in Limestone. Not sure what to try first - I have several things I want to paint!

Deanna

Margo said...

oooooh, that's so pretty! What a serene corner.

Anonymous said...

I love the color you chose, the chest looks wonderful.

I wonder if you could use the chalk paint on a table that you eat off of regularly......

Tracy said...

Michele, It's my understanding that the chalk paint is very durable, and can easily be used on a table that you use often.

farmhousequilter8 said...

Where do you buy this paint?

Tracy said...

Paula,

An internet search for Annie Sloan Chalk paint will take you to her site, and from there you can find a list of retailers. They are few and far between.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...