Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Many Hands Make Light Work


Go to the ant, O sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise.



Without having any chief, officer, or ruler,




she prepares her bread in summer and gathers her food in harvest.




Proverbs 6:6-11 (ESV)



I woke with a migraine yesterday morning, the first in a nearly a year. So much to do! I struggled through the morning- piano lessons, a quick trip to the store for more jars. After lunch, I laid down with instructions to wake me in 45 minutes.

While I slept, my children tidied up from lunch. They then drug a big box of pears into the kitchen and proceeded to wash, half, core, and peel them. I woke up, on my own, to the sound of my children laboring a few rooms away. No chief, officer, or ruler telling them what to do- working hard just the same. What a blessing they are to me!


7 comments:

Becky K. said...

That verse keeps coming to me lately. I don't know if I have been sluggish or what...but you put wonderful photos with it.

Becky K.

Danielle said...

"Her children arise up and call her blessed." These are the fruits of your labor Tracy!

sherry said...

so precious.

jAne

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Awesome! You are seeing the 'fruit', pardon the pun, of your mothering!

Terri said...

You have wonderfully thoughtful children, Tracy!

Amanda said...

What treasures you have grown! Autumn looks gorgeous!! I love her hair!

Nadine said...

What a blessing! I stumbled upon your blog and I am really enjoying it! :)

Blessings!
~Nadine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...