Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Red Letter Day



Today was NOT a Red Letter Day. We've been trying to sell our house for a year with hopes of moving 90 minutes away. We got an offer about 10 days ago, and accepted it. We then made an offer on a home in the town we want to move to. Yesterday afternoon we found out that our buyers couldn't get financing, and both deals fell apart. 

It's difficult to wait, and even more difficult when you think your wait is nearly over only to have those dreams dashed. We'll continue to trust in the Lord. 

In happier news, I recently finished a quilt for Verne. The pattern is by Camille Roskelley, and it's called Red Letter Day. The fabric requirements were wrong, so if you make it, read through the directions before purchasing your background fabric and do the math yourself. I did let Camille know  about the error, so maybe she has fixed the pattern. Camille's quilt used red for the center block, but I chose gold. Gold stars are a good thing, right?





The finished quilt measures 67.5" x 67.5".  It's the perfect size for snuggling under on the couch. Abigail's wingspan wasn't quite long enough to hold the quilt taut in the photos.



Verne loves it, and that makes me very happy. 







5 comments:

Mim said...

It is beautiful!!!! You are so talented. What a special gift for your husband.
I'm sorry about the disappointment with both houses.

Rebecca said...

It's good to see an update from you, Tracy! I've been wondering about you lately!

I am so sorry to hear about the house falling through! Such a bitter disappointment. As you say- having it *this close* is almost worse than waiting to have it. Praying the Lord opens up a bigger and more beautiful door in the near future.

And as usual- your quilts are so lovely. EVERY SINGLE TIME you post about your quilts I immediately think "I REALLY need to make a quilt!"

Anna said...

Oh, what disappointment. I'm sorry about the house. It is hard to hold plans loosely, isn't it? But my, that quilt ... it's a stunner!

Margo said...

I love that pattern and I love the colors you chose! Blessings on your house search journey.

farmhousequilter8 said...

You have been busy this summer. Guess you can tell I am behind in my reading

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...