Monday, July 15, 2013

A Log Cabin for Collin



 For several years now I'd been intending to make a quilt for Collin. I mentioned it to him, and asked him for fabric ideas- colors, patterns, and the like. About two years ago when he bought me a Log Cabin book for Christmas, I took the hint. I was still wrestling with fabric choices, and he assured me he didn't mind flowers, or any pattern on the fabrics really, as long as it had blue. 

I purchased a few Civil War fabrics and raided my stash for the rest. Instead of the traditional, though not mandatory, red centers of the cabins, I went with cheddar. This quilt was started back in January of this year, but got put on hold for baby quilts, spring cleaning, and the like. 



I finally started the binding last Thursday evening, and labeled it Saturday morning after finishing a very rainy 15 mile run with Verne.


I washed it, dried it, and gifted it to Collin Saturday afternoon.


He was very appreciative, and I received several rounds of hugs and kisses.


Back at his own little home late that night, Collin posted the following photo on Instagram.


Now to start planning a quilt for Autumn!



9 comments:

Karen said...

So handsomely beautiful, Tracy. You do nice work!

Rebecca said...

It is great! Manly and handsome- perfect for Collin. Lucky son.

But what REALLY had me drooling was that quilt in the background of that second to last picture. Oh.My.Goodness.Gracious.That.Is.Just.Perfect! Is that the one for Autumn?

farmhousequilter8 said...

I really like this quilt!!

sherry said...

lucky boy :)

Tracy said...

Rebecca,no, the quilt in progress in the background is for my very own bed. I love its happy colors!

Susan said...

What a beautiful treasure.

Rachel said...

As always, great fabric choices... I love seeing what patterns/colors you put together, and I think very manly too!

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, you did a wonderful job. Looks great and he looked very thankful.

Simple Fascinations said...

It looks like it was worth the wait! I really love your choice of colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...