Monday, January 9, 2012

Yummy Things: a VERY easy cookie




So, on Christmas Eve I placed eight extremely large sweet potatoes into the oven about an hour and a half before my in-laws were to arrive from a 500 mile journey to see us. As I stood in the living room I heard a noise coming from the kitchen that sounded like someone had placed a metallic object into the microwave, causing it to arc. Except, I didn't have anything in the microwave.

I ran into the kitchen to see my oven glowing green. And with that electrical fire, my oven died. It's been a challenge to fix meals, bread, and treats and I think we've done a pretty good job. Tonight was no exception. Braised pork chops, fixed in the electric skillet, mashed potatoes, and broccoli. (The top of the stove still works.) Oh! and home-canned applesauce.

For dessert? These cookies that my quilting friend Norma brings regularly. I recently called her for the recipe, and thankfully, she was happy to share. Thanks, Norma! I think you'll be thanking her, too.

Yummy Things

1 pkg. Vanilla almond bark
1 c. Creamy peanut butter
3 c. Rice Krispies
2 c. Dry roasted peanuts
2 c. Mini marshmallows

Melt almond bark in a large microwave safe bowl. Stir in peanut butter until completely melted. Add dry ingredients and stir to coat completely. Drop by tablespoonful onto waxed paper. Cool completely, and enjoy.


3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Wow! Those sound amazing!

Glad you had a good visit!

Deanna

Margo said...

well, good grief, glad your kitchen didn't go up in flames. Are you getting a new stove? I had a friend who managed without an oven for almost a year, but I don't think I could do it happily. . .

Katy said...

These look and sound wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...