Friday, August 26, 2011

L, M, N, O, P

I haven't fallen off the earth, I've just been busy living life. Collin started college classes locally, and I'm playing chauffeur between home, the college, and his work most days. Verne painted Abigail's room and I've been working on the trim here and there as I find the time. I've been sitting each evening to quilt, even if only for 30 minutes, and I'm still walking each morning, though I've shaved about a mile off per day, leaving me with an average of just shy of 6 miles per day. That's where I've been, now, how are you?

L is for ...

Little - I'm not even five foot tall.
Loquacious- It's difficult to know who talks more, Verne or me. Communication is not a problem for us; we talk about everything!
Lopsided- I have one leg that's just the slightest bit longer than the other- you'd never notice, but it sure makes my walking shoes wear out fast.
Low-maintenance - I can be showered and ready to go in no longer than 45 minutes.

M is for ...

Married - 22 years and counting!
Mom - to four wonderful children. Each one is unique and holds a special place in my heart.
Mysterious - just when you think you really know me, you learn something that makes you think maybe you don't!

N is for...

Natural - I prefer things in their natural state. I don't color my hair. I adore wood and other outdoor surfaces to have a nice, weathered patina as opposed to constantly painting them.
Nervous - I get nervous speaking directly to groups of people unless the group is children. I'm working on expanding my horizons, and recently auditioned for a play. So far, so good at practices, but I'll let you know how the actual performance goes!
Nutritious - I love healthy foods from vegetables, to fruits, to healthy grains. But, I love sweets, too!

O is for ...

Observant - I notice everything going on around me.
Old-fashioned - Cooking from scratch, canning, soap-making, quilting, and dressing modestly, though not frumpily, have all led up to me being called old-fashioned. I don't mind a bit!

P is for...

Practical - I'm constantly thinking about what's best for all involved, and I prefer practical gifts over indulgent ones. My husband is very good at balancing this, however, and I never feel overlooked.
Perfectionist - I'm definitely my own worst critic. I tend to get upset if the end result isn't what I hoped for even if I've truly tried my best. Another area that needs working on!
Photography- I love having a camera in my hand and capturing images. I don't like being on the other side of the lens. I'm working on that, too. Losing someone makes you realize that if you were to leave this world abruptly, your loved ones would want photos of you to cherish no matter how poorly you thought you looked in them.

Care to share any words that describe yourself?








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Living real life is *always* a better idea than blogging! :o)

I have really been enjoying reading these alphabet lists; I feel like I've gotten to know you a bit better because of them.

I had to giggle when you said you weren't even 5 ft. tall because we would make quite an interesting picture if we stood side-by-side because I am 5'9" tall. LOL!!!

Shug said...

I too have been living life...This past month seemed to pass by while I slept...

I always enjoy learning more about my blogger friends...good post.
shug

Susan - Penless Writer said...

Really enjoyed these Tracy. I've had to bunch up on the past 2 days also!!!

Susan - Penless Writer said...

I really enjoyed these. I had to bunch up on mine too the past 2 days.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

L - Laughing...

M - Mom (to 6), Married (23 years)

N - Nice...

O - thinking of Others...I am Old fashioned too!

P - Practical, Personal.

These letters were harder to come up with words for!

Deanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...