Saturday, January 29, 2011

Banana-Blueberry Coffeecake


I'm so thankful for the local organic blueberries that I froze last summer. I eat them almost daily on top of my homemade yogurt, and they were delicious in this coffeecake that Abigail baked for us just this morning.

*Banana- Blueberry Coffeecake*

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. fresh or frozen blueberries


Beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds to soften. Add sugar; beat until well combined. Add 3/4 cup of the flour; stir just until mixture resembles course crumbs. Reserve 3/4 cup.

Combine remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg. Stir into remaining butter mixture. Combine eggs, mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Turn into a greased, 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake in a 375 F oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm. Makes 9 servings.

5 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

This sounds like something that Rachel could make for breakfast tomorrow!

Thanks for sharing this.

Terri said...

Yumm-o-licious!!! I wish I could hire you to be my baker, Tracy. LOL!!!

Becky K. said...

I so love lemon and blueberry together. This looks very, very good.

Lisa said...

You're so lucky to have local blueberries. Looks like they made a fantastic cake. I have a linky party going on at my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy,
This looks yummy. Thank you for sharing.I have so enjoyed my visit here.
Blessings,
Elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...