Friday, October 29, 2010

The End of October


October is nearly at the end, and the days show no sign of slowing down. I'm enjoying every last bloom from the cosmos, to the roses, to the hydrangeas and daylilies. Collin, Abigail, and I enjoyed the fall foliage as we drove over an hour to the big city today. During some stretches of the road it already looked like winter, with bare trees glistening in the cold misty morning.

We enjoyed a trip to Whole Foods for their One Day Apple sale. I debated on a few bags full before finally deciding on an entire bushel. I already have jar upon jar of applesauce put up, as well as gallon after gallon dried and waiting for winter's oatmeal, and snacking. These apples, crisp and delicious, will be eaten fresh, and placed in a pie or two. I've already eaten three today!

We also made a trip to Sam's Club where we purchased olive oil in bulk for soapmaking. Verne has reminded me that I need to get a few new batches made as we're down to less than 10 bars. The thought of having to use store-bought soap after several years of homemade is frightening.

Next stop, the camera store. Collin and I enjoyed playing and talking to the salesman while we dreamed. Collin added to his wish list, and has talked non-stop about his (potential) choices the entire day long.

A late lunch was enjoyed at Panera Bread. Mmm. Warm soup on a chilly day always hits the spot.

Last stop? The fabric store. I bought a pattern and some nice soft flannel to make my self a new pair of winter pajamas. I can't wait to get started on those!

3 comments:

sherry said...

sounds wonderful. all of it.
from apples to sauce to soap to cameras (i dream as well) to fabric - though flannel on this menopausal body doesn't go well. too hot. but you go for it, tracy. :o)

love you,
jAne

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That is our perfect day!

Except it would be Lindsay talking endlessly about the camera and her choices there etc....

Did you eat the Chicken Tortilla Soup? Makes me hungry just thinking about it!

farmhousequilter8 said...

I didn't know you made your own SOAP!1 Bring down a bar and let me see it next time.
Paula

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...