Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Natural Shade


I was just about to give up hope on our rather large patch of lettuce and spinach and talked to my husband about mowing it down.


And then I parted the weeds! Turns out, having a weedy spinach and lettuce patch provides natural protection from the long, hot summer days. Would you believe me if I told you that I meant to let those weeds get so out of control? I didn't think so.

Tonight's meal consisted solely of salad items from the garden, hard cooked eggs, mushrooms, olives, and goat cheese. Boy am I ever glad that he didn't mow that patch down!



3 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Yummmm....

Love your header and what it says!

Jodi said...

Yeah for shady weeds! :o) We had a terrific spinach harvest this year (maybe our best ever). We just pulled ours up Monday ... it started bolting, but the never ending spinach salads were lovely while they lasted. Now our corn ... that's another story - methinks it'll be a sad tale this year.

Sharon said...

LOL! I loved your explanation for the weeds! Makes logical sense to me. 8-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...