Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August 7 Morning :: Noon :: Night


After a four mile run with Verne, and seeing everyone off to the amusement park, I had the day entirely to myself. No one to cook for. No one to teach.  No one to run here or there.




The fog made for a very uncomfortable run, but it sure made the landscape pretty. 



There was time to sit with my embroidery. I rarely get time to sit during the day, and I'm finding I have to be directly beside the window to see the markings. I think it's time for some new glasses.



The sunset reflected into the pool water as I tucked the chickens in for the night. 

Was I lonely? No. I had Lucy to keep me company, and while I wouldn't like for everyday to be this quiet, it was a nice change of pace. 

Do you prefer the company of others, or solitude?





5 comments:

Davene Grace said...

Because I get so little of it these days, I would definitely say solitude! However, if my life situation were different (i.e. my children all grown), I'm sure I would feel differently.

Your photos are lovely and exude such a sense of peace!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love the company of others, but I do need a day here and there to recharge!

Glad you had one of those, yesterday!

Deanna

sherry said...

most of my days involve solitude and truth be told, i prefer it. i'm not anti-social, just love the quiet.

beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love the quiet. As a public school teacher though, with three boys, it is rare to find it.

Sarah-the-Bookworm said...

I live on my own and I do love solitude, although I would welcome some more disturbance! I find that living on my own it is too easy to be careless with tidyness, and I am working on structuring my time more carefully.

I find that if I've been around people a lot I really need a day off from others to rest and do housework!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...