Friday, April 25, 2014

Pysanka



When Elizabeth told me to mark April 11 on my calendar for Pysanka eggs, Abigail and I googled images and began to get excited. When we arrived for the event Abigail dove right in. I was a bit more cautious, asking questions, observing, and sketching on my egg before applying any wax.



Black was the last color I needed to dip in, and because only the stripes on the bees and a tiny little opening on the beehive were to be this color, my eggs was almost entirely covered in wax. I was a nervous wreck that I had just spent three hours creating a mess rather than a masterpiece.



When I started to melt the wax and wipe it off revealing the design underneath, I became very excited. I think Elizabeth and Leigh Ann got a charge out of hearing me squeal with delight.






What a fun project! I could see myself becoming addicted to that tradition.

You can read more about the process here.


5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous! I just discovered Pysanksi eggs via this link a few weeks ago: http://www.likemotherlikedaughter.org/2010/02/inspiration-for-easter-craft-early-or/

I had, of course, seen very intricately designed eggs before but had no idea of the process. Amazing!

And I really love yours!

sherry said...

what a beautiful and interesting process! and what patience!

Terri said...

That is so beautiful!!! Your egg turned out wonderfully for the first time, Tracy. Thanks for sharing the link.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Lovely!

I thought you might like to see this -http://www.likemotherlikedaughter.org/2010/02/inspiration-for-easter-craft-early-or/

Deanna

farmhousequilter8 said...

I'm behind on reading, love the egg.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...