Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sunflowers


We have several volunteer sunflowers that have come up in the front flower beds after some heads that were drying blew off the porch last fall. They look a bit out of place, but I can't bear to take them out.


I bought a few dime packs of assorted sunflowers to plant along the chicken fence. We placed the tallest growers in the back, and the shortest toward the front. Soon, we'll have a fence all in bloom. ( And tomatoes on the side!)

One of these beauties has already opened, and I love the color of it!


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I planted giant sunflowers this year, and have been kicking myself for not planting the bouquet sized ones, I don't know what I was thinking.

Yours are going to look beautiful, please post a picture once they're blooming along the chicken coop!

Becky K. said...

Tracy, That is a gorgeous rust color. I wouldn't be able to pull them out either.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Love that one that has bloomed!

I want to plant sunflowers next year!

Deanna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...