Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Oh My My, O My Stars...



I can't help singing Andrew Belle's ridiculously catchy song while working on my latest project. 


I was hooked on paper -piecing as soon as I tried the Dresden plates,  and then Paula had to go and ask me if I needed anything when she was about to place her order from Paper Pieces. Oh! Yes, please!


I requested a pack of 1-1/2 " 6 point diamonds (60 degree). Each finished star measures at 5-3/16" across. Addictive? You bet! 



I have no clue how big I'll make this quilt. I'd love to make it for my bed, but I may have to add a border design to a medallion of stars in the middle. Each star is taking me about an hour to finish. 13 done, and ??? to go!

Anyone local have scraps of batiks or hand dyed fabrics they'd like to share?

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

*swoon*

I have never seen anything so BEAUTIFUL! (And I have seen many a quilt in my day!)

The vibrant batiks against pure white is so striking as are the crisp corners. Oh my goodness. So amazingly stunning. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Wow! Gorgeous! I may have some batik print fabric that I could send along with Autumns shoes. Would you like it? Oh,and I just thought I could probably send the shoes and fabric with Becky!

Thanks for all the beauty you create and share! It inspires me!

Deanna

Tracy said...

I would love it! Thank you!

Becky K. said...

I was going to say gorgeous but my friend, Mrs. Rabe, used that word first. An hour per star...you are definitely more patient than I am. However, I have to say that the results are worth it! What a beautiful piece you are making that will last for years and years.

Jennifer said...

BEAUTIFUL! I hope you will keep posting updates on your progress :o)

Margo said...

WOW that is beautiful! you are enlarging my quilting ideas. . .never tried paper piecing before. . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...