Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stopping to Smell the Proverbial Roses


If I've learned one thing in my 40th year it's that life is not a race to be run as quickly as possible. I've learned to slow down a bit, and enjoy what each day has to offer. It seems as though we've moved to a tropical rain forest, or at the very least the Pacific northwest, with all of the precipitation that has fallen in the last few months. We can scarcely get a day in without a thunderstorm. While my beloved frets about gardens getting planted, grass being mown, and the like, I'm enjoying the slower pace that the rain allows.

All of a sudden there's plenty of time for settling into the rocking chair with a bit of hand-piecing and viewing episode after episode of Lark Rise to Candleford with Abigail.

I've missed hanging laundry on the line, but I must say that some days the rain, and the slower pace it offers, are down right cozy.

1 comment:

Terri said...

We've had a much slower pace this week and I LOVE IT!!! Once in a while you have to put your feet up and just enjoy life instead of racing through it. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...