Because Verne's work van was totaled in his accident several weeks back, he had to travel to Pennsylvania to retrieve a new one. Doctor's orders don't allow him to drive more than two hours at a time, or to stay overnight alone just yet. This meant he couldn't go alone. I was happy to be his travel companion, and we left early Friday morning. A friend drove us to the airport, and we flew from Knoxville to Orlando, and then to Pittsburgh. We weren't subjected to full body scans or being unlawfully searched which made the day quite pleasant! We broke up the drive back by traveling for two days, taking turns driving, and stopping frequently. Despite all of the travel, it was a bit of a honeymoon.
My list of gratitude continues to grow: #301- 316
* a friend being willing to drive us to the airport
* a birthday party for Abigail to attend, keeping her occupied while we were gone
* not having to be searched or scanned!
* a love-seat rocking chair while waiting for our first plane
* a leisurely three hour layover
* lunch at Macaroni Grill
* love notes on the table written in crayon
* holding hands
* working on crossword and Sudoku puzzles together
* a beautiful sunset viewed from an airplane
* visiting family
* easy return travel
* a hotel room without children along
* 500 miles alone in the car together and never a need for the radio!
* discussing our future
* return hugs and kisses from the children back home