Monday, September 13, 2010

Thankful Things



I've spent a week traveling the streets of Guatemala with Ann, and it's opened my eyes to the need in the world, more widely than they have ever been opened before. I've cried a river in front of my computer, and have asked my children to sit on the banks of it, dipping their toes into the water. They have cried streams as well. They have been changed, just like their mama, in a way that they won't soon forget.

I've been counting my blessings, knowing that Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of Heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows. James 1:17


Perfect gifts 31-55:




♥ The chicory growing along every road I travel, in it's periwinkle splendor, bathed in morning light.
♥ A house with a roof and walls that meet.
♥ A husband that loves in action, not just in word.
♥ Children that are healthy and safe.
♥ The best day of sales ever at the farmers' market.
♥ A Guatemalan brother and sister adopted several years ago into a very loving family, who brought it all to life for me as they played around my table.
♥ Holding her on my lap, and stroking her beautiful black hair while she giggled with glee.
♥ His shy smile of gratitude when I gave him a notebook.


♥ A good first week of school.
♥ Eager learners.
♥ Algebra 2 curriculum borrowed, saving us much money in a tight economy.
♥ A woman eager to teach four high school boys chemistry, none of them her own, for FREE!
♥ A piano teacher who loves my children, and encourages them each week.

♥ A house of worship, and hearing of the Word preached.
♥ The same brother and sister sitting behind me in church, singing praises to Him as my hearts shatters while thinking about "what might have been".



Pie for supper on Saturday, and breakfast on Monday.
♥ Crickets chirping all the day long, and open windows at night.
♥ Warm blankets to snuggle under with the one I love.


♥ Lessons that go far deeper than book learning.
♥ A young woman touched deeply enough to give on her own, and a friend to help her.
♥ A young girl in Africa whom is no longer waiting to be chosen.

♥ Reconnecting with old friends who will visit us tomorrow.
♥ Late night chats with friends that lead to more visits next month.
♥ Being able to count the gifts from the Giver of all good things.
♥ Knowing that He never changes.

Count with us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amanda has left a new comment on your post "Thankful Things":

Beautiful Tracy... I hear, I see, I sense the preciousness of His work in your heart and life...

Keep counting His blessings.

Anonymous said...

Becky K. has left a new comment on your post "Thankful Things":

What a wonderful list of gratitude.
Thanks for sharing.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Rabe has left a new comment on your post "Thankful Things":

This is beautiful...I too have followed Ann this week.

Love your list...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...