Thursday, September 16, 2010

Busy as a Bee?


Perhaps this little guy isn't finding enough pollen to gather with autumn on its way and thought he'd find something good in my jars of jam. Perhaps he's a bit like me and doesn't quite know what to do with himself when the pace slows a bit. 

The weather is changing, and with the cooler temperatures there is less produce to preserve. My mind is turning to other things: crochet projects, things to sew, rooms to paint, carpets to clean, birthday and holiday preparations. 

I'm pretty sure this little guy will find his groove. Just like me. 



4 comments:

~~Deby said...

you truly are the *queen*of close-ups...great pic Tracy...and yes...you will find your groove...and we get to watch from afar....I thoroughly enjoy it...
Deby

Terri said...

I love the picture. I have a large coffee can on my counter where I throw all the veggie scraps. The other day I opened the lid and a bee flew out! He must of snuck in there when I took it outside to dump it. The bees are definitely starting to slow down a bit. I'm glad that you are getting a break from your busy, busy summer.

Nadine said...

My hubby keeps a bee hive and they too are slowing down and getting ready for the upcoming cool months...kind of like us!
I still have some canning & drying left to do and then I can move on to other projects. :)

Blessings!
~Nadine

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

My favorite time of year...

We have noticed more bees around...I always say they get "desperate" at this time of year, knowing that there will not be much left soon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...