Monday, May 24, 2010

Adolescence


Meet Clementine. The chicks are two weeks old today, and are going through puberty and all of the awkwardness that comes with it. They are trading their soft, downy feathers for real life quills, and my do they look silly!



We gather around the galvanized tub and giggle as they walk onto our hands. They are all feet right now. And necks. Scrawny, but long necks. Poor girls.

At least I hope they're all girls! I say a little prayer each day that they'll all turn out to be hens like we ordered.



Clementine wasn't too thrilled with her outdoor field trip for her photo session. Overwhelmed was more like it.


6 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the new blog look! The chicks certainly are sweet! Thanks for the heads up on the new blog address!

Sharon said...

They seem to be going through the "ugly duckling" stage...oops..."ugly chickling". ;-) They are so cute though! :D

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh so cute! They are funny looking with real feathers along with their downy ones! :)

I think Clementine is a great name for a chicken, don't know why! :)

Terri said...

She is so cute! I miss having chickens.

Leah said...

Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! And thanks for letting me know you're the same Tracy as the one from Unless the Lord. ;)

We have chicks being sent to us today! They should arrive by Thursday. My boys are loving having chicks around again.

Amanda said...

What lovely photos! The chicks are just so cute...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...